Monday, March 16, 2009

Jack Duplock + Waltz with Bashir

I had the opportunity to talk to practicing fine artist Jack Duplock for advice on my project. Although I did not find his work entirely inspirational, some intriguing ideas ere raised. He responded well with my intended approach in the designing process believing it has potential, while recommending that I present my work in a narrative graphic way with dynamic compositing, reminiscent to comic books and film cinematography. Films such as 'Waltz with Bashir' and 'Akira' was suggested for inspiration and interesting concepts, which I may look into at some point. Notably, Duplock did not entirely understand the concept of digital art with digital painting, and could only refer to animation sources.

Upon further research, I found 'Waltz with Bashir' is an animated documentary film, where live action was drawn directly from. The unique vector style is most intriguing being visually captivating. I hope to watch this movie sometime soon.

Overall, this tutorial session provided some insight in further ideas and inspiration.

0 comments: